11 Apr 10:00 - 13 Apr 13:00 - Cairo
➧ More info
For clinicians, clinical researchers, faculty members, MSc & PhD candidates, independent researchers, and students who are interested in learning and applying the detailed steps of systematic reviews and meta-analysis of interventions (from A to Z).
---- SYSTEMATIC REVIEW & META-ANALYSIS ----
FIRST DAY: Wednesday 11 April
• What is Systematic Reviews?
• Types of Systematic Reviews.
• Steps of Systematic Reviews.
• Developing review criteria
• How to search the literature
• Tips for data extraction
• Quality assessment of interventional studies
SECOND DAY: Thursday 12 April
• Introduction to Meta-analysis
• Interpretation of the forest plot
• Fixed vs. Random effect model
• Pooling continuous and dichotomous data
• Pooling data using the generic inverse variance method
• Subgroup analysis
• Sensitivity analysis
• Data analysis [hands-on workshop]
THIRD DAY: Friday 13 April
• Estimation of missing data in the meta-analysis
• Publication bias
• Funnel plot and Egger's test
• Correcting for publication bias using the Trim and Fill plot
• Meta-regression analysis: concept, procedures, and interpretation
• Examples and practical simulation workshop on Meta-analysis
►► WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR
Center name: TYT Co-working Space (Garden City)
Address: At 5th floor of Medical Lab Building; building no 10 at Dr. Handusa street, Kasr Alainy Street, Garden City, Cairo
►► DATE & DURATION
From Wednesday (11 April 2018)
To Friday (13 April 2018)
Daily From 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
►► REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
- Workshop fees
# Faculty & Postgraduates: 600 L.E
# Students: 400 L.E
- Registration is open now. Fill the form: www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4229080/SRMA-13 and check ur email to pay the workshop fees.
# NO certificates or credits are awarded (The aim of MRGE workshops is to build the capacity and skills of Egyptian researchers and to exchange experience; MRGE does not issue any credits or certificates for the such courses).